Hungarian Sommelier Association (H.S.A.)
The Association was founded in February, 1992, as a non-profit organization called initially: Sommelier Club Budapest.
It was a great recognition of the sommelier profession and the work of the Sommelier Club Budapest when it gained admission to the Hungarian National Gastronomy Association in 1997. This is how the Sommelier Division of the Hungarian National Gastronomy Association was born.
The Association became member of the ASI in 2001 in Barcelona, owing to its active work and the professional sommelier training.
The membership of the H.S.A. currently consists of 56 members, 3 honorary members and 9 backers.
The most important goals of the H.S.A.:
- Tracing the values of the Hungarian wine culture and preserving its tradtion.
- Achieving the acknowledgement of the sommelier profession.
- Taking over and spreading the principles of the ASI.
- Communication with the sommelier organizations of the surrounding countries.
- Development of the sommelier training and establishment of a professional retraining possibility.
- Foundation of a counselling and quality control institution for the wine-makers.
- Organizing the Hungarian Sommelier Championship - annually.
- Preparation of the Hungarian champion for international competitions.
- Form connection with the makers of quality wine and wine-merchants.
- Revival of the sommelier activity in the countryside with trainings, courses and retrainings.